The permanent residence may be obtained as follows:
1. For labor reasons:
Providing a job letter that certifies the position, salary, and commitment to assume repatriation expenses, Notice of Operation from the employer, and Resolution that approves work permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and Labor Development.
2. By investment in Real Estate:
Purchasing real estate under personal capacity or through a corporation in which the applicant is the final beneficiary of the shares of the corporation or founder and final beneficiary of a Private Interest Foundation, as long as the property has a minimum value of TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS (US$200,000)
The real estate acquisition operation may be financed through a local bank in Panama.
3. Through fixed-term deposit in a local bank in Panama:
Consigning a fixed-term deposit in a local bank in Panama free of encumbrances, with a minimum validity of three (3) years and for a value of not less than TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS (US$200,000).
This investment can be made personally by the applicant, by a corporation in which the applicant is the final beneficiary of the shares of the corporation or founder and final beneficiary of a Private Interest Foundation.
The benefits granted by this permit are the following:
- Indefinite permanent residence with the right to a Panamanian identity card after two (2) years of having obtained the provisional permanence
- Power to request a Work Permit once the Resolution of the National Immigration Service has been issued
- After five (5) years have elapsed since the Resolution granting the permanent resident permit grants the right to apply for Panamanian nationality
- Children under 18 years of age, family members with disabilities and dependent parents may obtain their residence permit as dependents regardless of whether they are not nationals of any of the aforementioned countries.
- Holders of this resident permit will have access to a preferential line when entering the Tocumen International Airport in Panama